Gametracker

Steam problems fix

Sandman
    Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 107

Steam problems fix

Post  Sandman on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi
    I have been looking into to the problem with spraytags not downloading from the servers. These are things that might fix the problem.

Deleting the custom.hpk file from the server valve folder. Overwriting doesn't seem to have any effect.

Making sure that all required ports are open. 27005 - 27017 TCP to be certain take into account that ports should go from 27005 to about 10 ports more than the port the server is running on. example server is running on port 27019 open ports 27005 - 27029. Running a server on port 27015 works but is not advisable as 27015 is the client port it is always best to use any port in th 27000 range above 27015.

this is the answer I have received from Steam:

Please exit Steam and rename the following files in your Steam and Steam\config\ directory:

ClientRegistry.blob
    serverbrowser.vdf

By default, the files may be found at C:\Program Files\Steam\ (the location on your machine will vary if you specified a different installation folder, or if you have moved your Steam installation).

Steam will re-create these files for you the next time you run but it is a good idea to keep the old versions on hand.

Where as this would be a better fix for those players having problems with the favorites list not working.

I have came to the conclusion that the problem is a definate HLDS update problem. I have come to the belief that it is the hlds.exe that is causing the problem look under the properties if it says version 4.1.1.1. Not under the shortcut but the actual exe.

If anyone else has any ideas or seen any other info on this problem please feel free to post them.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:58 am