website

Gametracker

update on fire

Junkaroo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 65

update on fire

Post  Junkaroo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Pete,
    The fire fighters did not make any progress Saturday, Sunday and last night on containment as the winds were all over the place up there, so it is still 55% contained and they may even lose some ground today.
    One man and woman refused to evacuate and their bodies were found at their burned out house Friday. They said the temperature inside the fire was between 1000 and 2000 degrees and as water and retardant was dropped, the heat just dried it out fast and kept on burning.
    There have also been 25 thefts reported from houses still standing but not safe to be there yet and that is why the National Guard is assisting the police now.
    I have never seen such good cooperation between the various city organizations, our county and the county just west of us, the state agencies, military, and federal government in my life; they have and still are operating like only "one" organization. That has been great!
    Jerry

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN AND I THINK I AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE
    Stop By in my forum and say HI.....http://clanooz.yuku.com/
    If quitters never win, and winners never quit, then who is the fool who said, "Quit while you're ahead?"
    Sandman
    Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 107

Re: update on fire

Post  Sandman on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:26 am

Thanx for the great Post Junk

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 am